Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Taste of Innocence by Stephanie Laurens

This book started off well enough but in the end I'd only give it 3 stars because of all the internal conflicts within the hero and the BS he puts the heroine through because of it. Basically his deal is this: He feels that if he admits he loves his wife and gives in to her he will lose control and it will affect his ability to be the Earl.....wah, wah, wah. I was happy when, at one point, he realizes that because of his pretended indifference and refusal to hear his wife when she tried to tell him about her orphanage - she might have been hurt and he never would have known she was in danger. I just thought it was a good moment where he was mentally "knocked up side his head". Like, "See, that was what almost happened because of your pig-headedness". He comes around after that, but I never really never liked his character as much after that. The heroine is pretty cool - smart, pretty, runs an orphanage. And I love the Sherlock Holmes-type character of Barnaby Adair. Even though it would be reading out of order, I got his book and might read it next anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment