Sunday, June 5, 2011

Never Call It Loving by Gail Link

I finished "Never Call It Loving" the same day I got it from the library. It was good. The hero was a spy who was betrayed by a woman and got massive scars and a missing eye. It's a historical, arranged marriage, Scottish hero. The secondary couple was great to read about, and the pay-off at the end of the story was worth the read. You do sympathize for the hero because of went he's gone through, but he was totally the "I know what's best, I'll push her away for her own good" kind of guy. At one point the heroine is talking to her cousin and she says "May God spare me from people who would make decisions for others." I love that she said that, because that's how I always feel when romances have characters who do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment