Thursday, June 23, 2011

Say You Love Me by Johanna Lindsey

This is book 5 in her Malory series. This is also the first book I've read by this author. This may be the nicest, as well as the only book I read, in which the heroine prostitutes herself. It's so "best case scenario", so wonderfully unrealistic, and not gritty. Almost up there with Pretty Woman as far as fantasy goes. What helps make it palatable - The virgin prostitute has a first and only client who is so charming, so good looking, and such a nice guy, with nice charming friends. I loved a lot of things about this book. The main characters are both likable, the hero is never cruel to the heroine, the hero's buddies - Jeremy & Percy remind me a little of Pennington & Berkley from the Effington series by Victoria Alexander. The villain in this is truly vile and gets such a good punishment. I also like the aunt's attitude toward her husband when she finds out about his shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment