Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Scandalous Bride by Dodd, Laurens, Bradley, LaFoy

I loved the stories in My Scandalous Bride by Christina Dodd (I swear I think she just does the best anthology stories) & Stephanie Laurens. The story by Dodd has a very smart, very capable heroine out to avenge her dead brother. The hero is a very sexy spy. The sparks were coming off the page w/ this one. I like what Dodd does w/ short stories - she creates characters that have had some type of prior relationship/interaction that happened in the past/"off stage" so that the short story doesn't feel like a rushed story with two strangers. Laurens does a similar thing in her story - the hero & heroine are not strangers. They grew up together, shared a kiss, and unbeknownst to each other had a tendre for the other. The hero has been out of the country for a few years and they have not seen each other during that time. They meet at the home of some other childhood friends who are now married. The couple is hosting a house party. What the heroine doesn't realize is that her two friends are swingers who host orgies. Some funny moments and nice chemistry between h/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment