Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Rake's Vow by Stephanie Laurens

I liked the cozy little mystery tucked into the romance. There were sparks between the hero & heroine. I thought Patience's "harem" was too funny. I would love it if the author revisited Edmond and gave him a book of his own or at least gave him a happy ending in a future book. One little itty bitty thing that I didn't like about the book is the same thing I don't like with a lot of romances - Patience's stubborn refusal to marry Vane until the end of the book. I mean I like to consider myself an independent woman, but it just seems so far-fetched to me (almost to the realm of fantasy like lepruchans, dragons, and the Easter bunny) that a woman in her right mind, who hadn't had any serious trauma would turn down honorable romantic intentions from a guy who - in the heroine's words - "looks like a god", has more money then he knows what to do with, strong, capable, passionate, kind to old ladies and children, loves you, etc., etc.

Now I know the reason Patience gives is that she wasn't sure he loved her. C'mon......... If she wasn't being such a nit wit about it she could tell without words.

No comments:

Post a Comment