Sunday, June 5, 2011

At Last Comes Love by Mary Balogh

What this book had in spades is what I think is missing from a lot of romances today - good conversation. Seriously. I mean I like a good, graphic sex scene now and then but.....when you can generate oodles of heat with banter, then the rest is just gravy. For me, there's nothing sexier than two people having a conversation that is as compelling and sensual as dancing. That's what this book has. This story works for me on so many levels: the hero/heroine are two intelligent, funny, good people; I love the device of the quick courtship & marriage; I love the situations the characters are placed in. Nothing is wasted in this book - every conversation, every scene has a purpose and is something to be savored like a rich chocolate. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment