Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kneading To Die by Liz Mugavero

 
A sure sign that I like a mystery is that I can’t stop reading it. That’s how I felt about this cozy mystery. The main character, Stan, seemed very believable and real to me. She also seemed like a very strong female character, as evidenced by the way she stood up to her mother and current boyfriend. I enjoyed the small town feel and meeting the town regulars. The mystery itself kept me interested and kept me guessing. I wasn’t able to guess correctly who the murderer was ahead of time. I enjoyed the romantic interest and hope that continues in future books in the series. I hope no “romantic triangles” develop in the series because I find that distracting but I like the way the author has things moving in this first book in the series. I’m an animal lover, so I enjoyed the animal interactions, especially Scruffy – he was such a cutie. I very much look forward to the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment