Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Rogue's Rescue by Donna Lea Simpson

 
This is the first book by this author that I’ve read, but based on this book I plan on reading others. Lovell Melcher, Viscount Ingram overhears some gossip about a woman at a ball. The woman in question, Ariadne Lambert, is your average plain spinster at first glance. She is not a woman he would normally trouble himself with. However, when he realizes that the bit of information being bandied about will put her directly in the path of a bounder who preys on wealthy women, he feels compelled to step in. For her part, Ariadne is very put out that her scheme to catch a deceiver of women is constantly interrupted by the Viscount with the dark good looks. When they both discover that neither of them is quite what the other thought, attraction grows. I loved this novella because I enjoy stories with smart heroines, and I loved that Lovell was a smart enough man to appreciate Ariadne. I enjoyed the story and the romance. The chemistry between the two was very good. I would have loved a full length novel with the two characters. I also enjoyed the twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment