Monday, July 29, 2013

Save the Date by Susan Hatler


 
 
We find out at the opening of this book that Kristen (main character) has made a very good career as a marriage and family counselor. She has her own practice and enjoys her work. There’s just one big problem. She recently found out that her boyfriend is a liar and a cheat. Not only that, but she discovers that she was actually the woman he was cheating on his wife with. Not only is Kristen emotionally wounded by this revelation, but it turns out to be crippling her professionally. She feels that since a large part of her job was evaluating people, she shouldn’t have been so blindsided by her ex. She also doesn’t feel capable to counsel others. I found Kristen to be a very sympathetic character and I was able to see her point of view. Her friends all try to be supportive but I don’t think they really get why the situation with her ex had such an impact on her ability to do her job. Ethan is one of Kristen’s friends. He’s had a secret crush on her and now that she’s single, he tries to nudge her in his direction. Ethan was such a sweetie. I loved this romance! I believe this is Book 4 in this “Better Date than Never” series but it is the first book I’ve read by this author. I definitely plan on hunting down the other books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment