Monday, June 11, 2012

Midnight in Austenland: A Novel by Shannon Hale


I read the previous book and enjoyed it, but I really loved this one. I thought that the main character - Charlotte - was a little more easy-going and likable. I thought that was also true of the guy who ends up being Charlotte's real romantic interest. I also liked the mystery element of this book that the first book didn't have. The "hero" that Charlotte is first paired with is supposed to be kind of a Mr. Rochester character (even though that's not Jane Austen). She's attracted to him but she has a more easy and flirty relationship with the character who is supposed to be her brother. I liked him. He was supposed to be a kind of Henry Tilney type of character.

I think the re-curring characters in this series were fleshed out a little more and made the book more enjoyable. Lizzie was more likable in this book than she was in the last book - more fun. And I liked how her story resolved at the end of the book. I would love to read more books with this setting and these recurring characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment