Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sleeping with the Entity by Cat Devon




First - I just want to say that the artwork on the cover depicts exactly what I have in mind for the hero of this book & head vamp Nick St. George looking like. This is also the first book by this author that I've read. I thought there were some funny moments in this book, which I appreciated. I wasn't sure if the humor was completely intentional or if that's just how the quirkiness of the characters came off to me. The heroine in this story, Daniella Delaney, is unaware that she just opened shop (cupcake) in a town primarily made up of vampires. The vampires are pretty much peaceful and don't go around attacking & killing humans. It just freaks everybody out, especially Nick, that her cupcake shop could draw more humans and some unwanted attention. They also find it a little unnerving that she can't be mentally compelled by any vampire. I found it particularly amusing when Nick would be almost mesmorized by his attraction to Daniella at unusual times, and how this would alternately arouse and dumbfound her.The only thing that really took me by surprise with this book, was that I expected more conflict regarding the heroine's brother - but I was totally fine without it. It just seemed at one point that the brother angle was leading somewhere sinister. I look forward to reading more by this author and more books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment